Here’s a quick one.
Is a user reporting that some emails are going directly into the Deleted Items folder? Check the following things.
- In Outlook is there a rule created causing the email to move?
- In Outlook is the email conversation(s) in question being Ignored? Link
- In Exchange is AutomateProcessing set to AutoAccept? Run the PowerShell command below.
Get-CalendarProcessing -identity username | fl
Use ADSI Edit to get the legacyExchangeDN for the Mailbox. Use the normal steps to add an additional mailbox in Outlook only instead of typing the username, type the legacyExchangeDN. The legacyExchangeDN will be in a format like:
To get the legacyDN use the following steps:
- On the Exchange Server, open ADSIEdit.
- Browse to the location of the account. The structure will resemble the OU structure.
- Right click the account & select Properties.
- Scroll down to the legacyDN attribute.
- Copy it to the clipboard & paste as needed.