Get-ADUser -Filter * -SearchBase “DC=domainname,DC=com” -properties ScriptPath | select Name,ScriptPath
To type a flat sign (♭) type 266d then press Alt+X.
To type a natural sign (♮) type 266e then press Alt+X.
To type a sharp sign (♯) type 266f then press Alt+X.
Get-ADUser -Filter * -SearchBase “OU=Users,OU=Company,DC=domain,DC=com” | Measure
You’ll get something like this.
Count : 377
Get-ADPrincipalGroupMembership -Identity USERNAME | select name
Get-ADUser -Identity USERNAME -Properties MemberOf | Select -ExpandProperty MemberOf
When opening Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher you get an error that says, “Windows cannot find ‘javaw.exe’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.”
Add the path to the java installation in the PATH environment variable. For me the path was C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin but obviously it can be different depending on the Java version & your environment.
Oh, and I hate Java.
Passed the VCP-DCV exam yesterday!
Description – When running Windows Update you receive an error that says, “Code 80070308″
Rebooting does not resolve the issue. Stopping the Windows Update service & deleting everything in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution does not resolve the issue.
Solution – Open Regedit & browse to HKLM\COMPONENTS. Delete the PendingRequired value.
Click Yes when prompted then close Regedit.
Now run Windows Update again.
Now go get a beer & celebrate!
On Windows Server 2008 R2 when using netsh to deactivate a DHCP scope you get an error that says, “The command needs a valid Scope IP Address”.
Try again using an elevated PowerShell prompt.
When installing IBM i Access for Windows on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services host it may hang on a dialog box that says, “Windows Installer Coordinator. Please wait while the application is preparing for the first use”.
It’s weird that I’ve been using Windows Server 2008 R2 for so long & never ran into this issue.
Anyway, to resolve the issue open gpedit.msc (or create a GPO, whatever you prefer) . Browse to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Application Compatibility. Set Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility to Enabled. Now run the installer again.
A user reported that they had printed some documents but that they were not printing. Looking at the print server I saw that the printer was showing as Offline.
I was able to ping it as well as bring up the web interface. As a test I disabled SNMP checking for the printer’s port by doing the following:
- Right click the printer & select Properties.
- Select the Ports tab.
- Select the printer’s port & click Configure Port.
- Uncheck SNMP Status Enabled.
- Click OK.
The moment I did that the printer went to a Ready status & the documents printed. I have two printer server that both have this printer configured. They were both experiencing the issue so I believe the issue to be with the print servers.
OK, perhaps the SNMP string got changed on the device. I ran an SNMP test (Paessler has a good free one http://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester) but it check out good using the SNMP string configured on the printer’s port.
So when in doubt use ProcMon. First, I set the printer’s port back to using SNMP checking then fired off ProcMon on the printer server. Within a minute the printer switched from Ready to Offline. I stopped ProcMon & begun the artful task of sifting through the capture. I noticed a section where the print server starting sending SNMP requests to all the printers. I saw a response for all the other printers but none for the one in question. Note below all I saw were UDP Send.
So for some reason the printer is not responding (or not responding timely. I didn’t feel like doing a full on packet capture). So like everything else if it’s not working, reboot. Once the printer came back up it I started another ProcMon capture. This time I saw the SNMP requests & responses (UDP Send & UDP Receive).
Sure I could have just left SNMP unchecked on the printer port but that wouldn’t have really resolved the issue; just masked it. Now if it continues to happen I may have to see if there is a newer firmware for the printer that resolves SNMP issues (or contact HP, ugh), but for now a printer reboot will do the trick. I also got to see a little more under-the-hood thanks to ProcMon.