- Download the ESXi ISO.
- Download UNetbootin.
- Insert a blank USB thumb drive & format it using FAT32.
- Run UNetBootin.
- Select Diskimage.
- Select ISO from the dropdown.
- Click the ellipse button & browse to the ESXi ISO.
- By Type select USB Drive.
- By Drive select the letter for the USB thumb drive.
- Click OK.
- If you get a message saying E:\menu.c32 already exists click Yes to All.
- When it is finished click Exit.
- Insert the USB drive into the host & boot from USB.
- From the boot menu select the ESXi installation option & press Enter
- Finish the installation just like any other ESXi install
Description – When an ESXi host boots the screen changes from yellow & gray to purple. You receive an error that says, “The system has found a problem on your machine and cannot continue. Could not populate the filesystem: Admission check failed for memory resources.”
Cause – Not enough RAM in the ESXi host. The minimum requirement for RAM in an ESXi host is 2GB.
Solution – Add more RAM.