Home > Computers > Error Removing ActiveSync Partnership

Error Removing ActiveSync Partnership

I was doing a little cleanup/verification of all users & the devices that are syncing to Exchange. When I ran the following command I noticed that a test account still had two partnerships set up.

Get-ActiveSyncDevice | ft userdisplayname,name -AutoSize

UserDisplayName                                       Name

———————————–                     ——————————————-

domain.com/Users/EAS Test                     TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899

domain.com/Users/EAS Test                     htcliberty§HTCAnda1b56cda

 

To remove the partnership you must use the Identity attribute. You can either run Get-ActivesyncDevices & find the Identity or just use UserDisplayName/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/Name from the previous results. For example, the identity of the first one from the list above would be domain.com/Users/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899.

Putting it all together the PowerShell command to remove the first partnership would be:

Remove-ActiveSyncDevice -Identity “domain.com/Users/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899”

 

However when I ran that command it failed with the following error:

The ActiveSyncDevice domain.com/Users/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899 cannot be found.

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Remove-ActiveSyncDevice], ManagementObjectNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 7FA0B7B6,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Tasks.RemoveMobileDevice

 

That user had actually been moved to another OU (domain.com/TestUsers). So I modified the command & ran it again:

Remove-ActiveSyncDevice -Identity “domain.com/TestUsers/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899”

 

It failed again with the following error:

Couldn’t find ‘domain.com/TestUsers/EAS Test’ as a recipient.

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Remove-ActiveSyncDevice], RecipientNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 8B934B04,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Tasks.RemoveMobileDevice

 

Turns out someone disabled the Exchange mailbox (i.e. removed all exchange attributes). So I re-created the mailbox for the EAS Test account & ran the command again:

Remove-ActiveSyncDevice -Identity “domain.com/TestUsers/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899”

 

Success!

Now to remove the other one I run the command again updating it for the other partnership.

Remove-ActiveSyncDevice -Identity “domain.com/TestUsers/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/htcliberty§HTCAnda1b56cda”

Advertisements
  1. gary
    June 9, 2015 at 10:48 am

    what key is §?

    • patrickhoban
      June 9, 2015 at 10:08 pm

      Its the “section” sign. Using the steps in the post you can copy & paste as needed from the “Get” commands you run. But if you need to manually type it hold down ALT and type 0167.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: