Archive

Archive for November, 2011

Error after Upgrade Exchange 2010 to SP1

November 25, 2011 Leave a comment

After upgrading Exchange 2010 RTM to SP1 I started getting the following error:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MSExchange ADAccess
Event ID:      2937
Task Category: Validation
Level:         Warning
Computer:      EX1.domain.com
Description: Process w3wp.exe () (PID=316). Object [CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com]. Property [HomeMTA] is set to value [domain.com/Configuration/Deleted Objects/Microsoft MTA DEL:c4ab6128-37aa-4e55-b99b-1aa8979a70e9], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. This property should be fixed as soon as possible.

It didn’t seem to be causing any issues but an error is still an error. The quick fix is to run the following command:

Get-Mailbox | Update-Recipient

Ref: http://www.expta.com/2010/09/fix-for-event-id-2937-msexchange.html, http://d1it.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/eventid2937/

Categories: Computers Tags: , ,

Error Removing ActiveSync Partnership

November 22, 2011 2 comments

I was doing a little cleanup/verification of all users & the devices that are syncing to Exchange. When I ran the following command I noticed that a test account still had two partnerships set up.

Get-ActiveSyncDevice | ft userdisplayname,name -AutoSize

UserDisplayName                                       Name

———————————–                     ——————————————-

domain.com/Users/EAS Test                     TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899

domain.com/Users/EAS Test                     htcliberty§HTCAnda1b56cda

 

To remove the partnership you must use the Identity attribute. You can either run Get-ActivesyncDevices & find the Identity or just use UserDisplayName/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/Name from the previous results. For example, the identity of the first one from the list above would be domain.com/Users/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899.

Putting it all together the PowerShell command to remove the first partnership would be:

Remove-ActiveSyncDevice -Identity “domain.com/Users/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899”

 

However when I ran that command it failed with the following error:

The ActiveSyncDevice domain.com/Users/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899 cannot be found.

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Remove-ActiveSyncDevice], ManagementObjectNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 7FA0B7B6,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Tasks.RemoveMobileDevice

 

That user had actually been moved to another OU (domain.com/TestUsers). So I modified the command & ran it again:

Remove-ActiveSyncDevice -Identity “domain.com/TestUsers/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899”

 

It failed again with the following error:

Couldn’t find ‘domain.com/TestUsers/EAS Test’ as a recipient.

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Remove-ActiveSyncDevice], RecipientNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 8B934B04,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Tasks.RemoveMobileDevice

 

Turns out someone disabled the Exchange mailbox (i.e. removed all exchange attributes). So I re-created the mailbox for the EAS Test account & ran the command again:

Remove-ActiveSyncDevice -Identity “domain.com/TestUsers/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/TestActiveSyncConnectivity§946080899”

 

Success!

Now to remove the other one I run the command again updating it for the other partnership.

Remove-ActiveSyncDevice -Identity “domain.com/TestUsers/EAS Test/ExchangeActiveSyncDevices/htcliberty§HTCAnda1b56cda”

Starting Up Database Error in SQL 2008

November 15, 2011 1 comment

After installing SQL 2008 SP3 I started getting hundreds of these event log entries.

Source: MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS
Event ID: 17137
Description: Starting up database ‘AdventureWorks2008’.

This is due to the AUTO_CLOSE option being turned on. To read more about that setting have a look at the link below. Long story short…you don’t want it on.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190249.aspx

To fix the issue open SQL Server Management Studio. Right click the database that is being logged in the error & select Properties. Select Options. Set Auto Close to False. Click OK. No more error. Repeat as needed for other databases.

Categories: Computers Tags: ,
%d bloggers like this: