Event ID 7023
I had a Windows XP client that was getting the following error:
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7023
Description: The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
- Delete the local policy registry subkey. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey:
- On the Edit menu, click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the subkey.
- Quit Registry Editor
- Rebuild a new local policy store. To do this, Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 polstore.dll in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Verify that the IPSEC Services component is set to automatic, and then restart the computer.